When the Saskatchewan Professionals Teachers Regulatory Board (SPTRB) was created in 2015, the race was on to implement a solution membership management solution that would serve and support over 13,000 teachers in a few short months. SPRTB selected BSI to implement the iMIS Engagement Management System solution. Over the next few months, the BSI Implementation Team worked closely with SPTRB staff to:
- Design new business processes and procedures that would support the operation and evolution of the newly-formed organization.
- Configure the iMIS solution to meet the specific business, processes, and information needs of various stakeholders… including teachers, employers, the Ministry and SPTRB staff.
- Migrate member information from the Ministry of Education.
- Launch new public and member-facing websites.
- Introduce an online member-friendly/paperless application facility that allows teachers to renew their membership and apply for various types of teaching certificates.
- Enable a public online Public Registry with the names and certificates types of every teacher registered in Saskatchewan.
The current automated solution has allowed SPTRB to support their 13,000+ members with a relatively low number of support staff. BSI continues to work with our friends at SPTRB to introduce new functionality to meet business/regulatory requirements and enhance the experience for its members.